Saturday, June 22, 2019
Online registrations are now closed. However, we will continue to accept entries. Please contact Cathy Caldwell for any late registrations. 1(937)296-0523 or [email protected] Thank you and happy dancing!
See below for all information regarding schedule, awards, and rules. No tickets will be mailed in advance of the event date.
Please note, $5 of every entry will be donated to the Midwest FUSTA ScotDance organization.
Judges: Ann Donland, Elizabeth Gollan Joy Tolev | Pipers: Daniel Carr, Brian Green
Premier Open Competition dancers will compete in cut steps in the morning concurrently with the pre-premier competition. Age groups will be determined by entries received. Cash prizes to oldest age group.
Premier Open Championship dancers will compete in the 2019 SOBHD assigned steps. Dancers age 7 and Under 12 Years will compete in cut steps. Cash prizes to oldest age group.
Registration/Competition Questions | Cathy Caldwell (937)296-0523 or [email protected]
Online Order Assistance | Ashley Gentry (859)468-8867 or [email protected]
Games Info | Margaret McCullough (614)429-3326 or [email protected]
7:00 AM Dancer Gate Opens
8:00 AM Registration Begins (open to all competitors)
8:30 AM Competition Begins (events 1-21)
9:00 AM Dancer Gate closes - all competitors must use main entrance
11:00 AM Choreography Registration closes
11:30 AM Championship Registration Opens (events 22-25)
12:00 PM Earliest Start Time for Championship to Begin
Premier Awards* First ($60) | Second ($45) | Third ($35) *awarded to oldest age category of Premier competitors events 17-20
Championship Awards* First ($70) | Second ($60) | Third ($45) | Fourth ($35) | Fifth ($25) | Sixth ($15) *awarded to 18 & Over group
Special Award Best Ohio Premier Dancer $150 awarded to Ohio resident with highest aggregate Championship points
1. SOBHD rules will be followed. Judges decision is final!
2. All entry fees are to be in U.S. currency only; all checks and money orders are to be made payable to The Scottish-American Cultural Society of Ohio, Inc. or S.A.C.S.O.
3. No Refunds.
4. Any Dancer not ready to compete when called will forfeit the chance to dance in that event.
5. Age of the competitor is as of day of the competition.
6. Entries must be received no later than June 8th, 2019. Entries received after this date will be charged a $20.00 late fee and competitor(s) name will not appear on dancers list.
7. Dancer must be in costume to receive awards.
8. Last to enter, first to dance.
9. Dancer MUST show actual 2019 Registration.
10. AM age groups will be based on # of entries for all categories.
11. Registration will begin at 8:00 AM for all AM and PM competitions. Will close at 11:00 AM. Will reopen after lunch.
12. Choreography competition begins immediately after AM competition is complete. Awards will be after Choreography.
13. Championships may begin as early as 12:00 PM depending on length of AM competition.
14. Will have a minimum 30 minute break after the AM awards.
15.We request that dancers, teachers, and parents comply with FUSTA Code of Ethics.
16. Individual 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners receive medals. Further placings if indicated by number of entries.
17. Pre-Premier (except Primary) and Premier trophies will be awarded on highest aggregate points from ALL 4 dances.